Saturday, November 10, 2007

STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! redux

Stormbirds come to Broadway...

Well, at least Jenni will still be working. And at least Young Frankenstein isn't getting shut down. That would add insult to injury.

As much as I support labor unions in general and their right to strike, I do hope that this shutdown doesn't cause a lot of show closings. My heart breaks to think of the people involved who might get totally fucked over because of this. The WGA strike is different, in that the losses for actors (obviously who I care about the most, being that I am self-involved) are less immediate. (Except in the case of soaps....but those actors have enough job security that they won't get let go during the interim.)

I wonder how long it will last. I know this has been a possibility for a long while now, but I wonder if it's sort of a solidarity (forever!) thing with the screenwriters. Hmm.

We'll see.

No comments: