Thursday, December 13, 2007

Are you talking to me, madam?

Whoaaaaaa......if anyone at all read the post that was here until right now, I apologize. Fluke!


Anyway, guess who I was in a room with tonight?

STEPHEN SONDHEIM.

Yes, that's right. The master himself! I made eye contact with him for a hot millisecond. My gaze said 'I love you,' and his volleyed back 'Why the hell are you staring at me?'

This transpired at the first night of 'kiki baby.' Also in attendance was Dan Winerman and the lovely Farah....we did some catching up. He asked me where all of my classmates are and said 'What the hell are those people doing in Boston?"

I started my job at La MaMa today and it was swell. I got some work done, did some cross-stitch, met some fun people, and hung out with Ava and Matt Nasser for the better part of the day. Life's tough.

Day off tomorrow, kiki in the early evening, hopefully good times with that gang, then I pray to god that I'll get a good night's sleep before I have to go steam clothes on Saturday at 7.30 am.


And here's a nice item about the All-For-Nots, taken from Thom. Check it out.

I just watched His Girl Friday for the first time. Thank you, Netflix. Next will be After the Thin Man...and I have a feeling It Happened One Night might lull me to sleep tonight. Something about witty, beautiful people in black and white is hitting the spot for me right now. It's so stylized and wonderful....and the rat-a-tat of the dialogue is just so appealing to me. I always joke that I could have been a huge success as a movie actress in the late 30s-early 40s--to watch these movies, you'd think none of the quiet, subtle, sensitive stuff (all the stuff that's too hard for me to do) existed in these worlds! I love it. Rosalind Russell strides around looking fabulous and cracking jokes, Cary Grant flutters his fingers and makes weird noises, all the while being vaguely misogynistic...I eat that stuff up. And actually, it's funny that I saw Dan tonight, because he's really into that sort of period stuff, too. We geeked out about Jennifer Jason Leigh in Hudsucked Proxy for like a million hours during Rhinoceros tech. Ah, if only I'd done THAT for showcase....New York theatre would be at my feet! I'd be a star, I tell you! A star!

No.

Goodnight.

No comments: