Friday, December 21, 2007

God, that's good!

I saw Sweeney Todd last night. It was a big night for me. I've been looking forward to it in a way I've never looked forward to anything before....with the exception of meeting Brian Stokes Mitchell. So there was a lot at stake.

I'm extremely happy to be able to say: I loved it! I had a great time and I thought it was wonderful. So many great details and things from the show as I know it...and a lot of really inventive, creative, beautiful new stuff, too. And the blood-oh, the blood!

The Times gave it a really nice review-- the nicest movie review I've read in a long time, I think. Here's a link.

Flavorpill, on the other hand, turns up the snark dial ten 90 degrees and comes out with this:
Sorry...do you know who Sondheim is? People call him a lot of things, but I doubt the word "saccharine" has EVER been applied to ANYTHING he's ever written. Lisa Rosman...who are you? Yeah, great.

Anyway....it's wonderful and I really look forward to seeing it again.

No comments: