Monday, December 17, 2007

ISADORA DUNCAN!

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I've heard wind chimes at least four times tonight. I know it's really windy outside, but...it just seemed so strange. When's the last time I can remember hearing them? I don't know.

Nitz, Marie, Michael and I saw Katy in Bread & Puppet's Divine Reality Comedy (Divine Comedy Reality? I don't goddamn know) tonight at Theatre for a New City. The space is an amazing cavern with charmingly ramshackle things everywhere. The show was absolutely insane but we had a good time. Then I went home with them and we ate ice cream and watched "Boggled," one of my all-time favorite eps of Felicity. God, what a girly girly girly combo of things to do. I will always love Noel Crane. And I will always hate Ben Covington.

I had a late lunch in Williamsburg with friend Thom. He thinks I talk a lot. It's nice to know people that live above the poverty line-- if it was up to me, I'd be eating egg salad and falafel for the rest of my life.

Tomorrow, certain essentials need to be taken care of: buying food (I have none), going to the bank to check on all my moneys (I have none), eating a donut at Peter Pan bakery "while I'm on Manhattan Avenue," return my vastly overdue library books (I have two). Later, Rinnz and I are going to the Mercury Lounge to see the All-For-Nots. "Way downtown," as Rinnz says.

The high point of my day might have come after Michael and Marie asked me if I remembered the famous person who was killed when her long scarf got stuck in the wheels of her car. I said it was a dancer and that any other time, I'd have known her name. Of course I couldn't remember it. I left the apartment and then I heard a window open, and Julie yelled 'ANNA! ISADORA DUNCAN!' and it echoed all up and down the street. I don't know why, but I just thought that was wonderful.

No comments: