Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Superstitions galore.

So, I'm actually finding myself feeling very sad about Heath Ledger. The more I think about it, the sadder I get. I keep thinking about Ms. Lohmann and how she used to talk about shutting herself in a room for a week after James Dean died and how heartbroken she was. I called my mom and she hadn't heard yet and she said 'That's so sad. He was so lovely.' Sometimes I think about how much of a mess I could legitimately be when a certain of my favorite actors dies. I don't even want to say his name! Lord knows I'm a very superstitious person, and also a very dramatic and emotional person...so it's a recipe for disaster. I guess the hope is that his death will not be untimely-- if any death can be called 'untimely' (because who knows?)--or shocking or terrible in any way. And Rinnz and I were just watching Brokeback last week! This combined with the fact that we saw Paul Rudd on the street yesterday just as H.L.'s body was being found makes us believe that we are somehow responsible for his death. Of course we aren't. Neither of us are quite sure why or how we think Paul Rudd is linked to this in any way....but we're sure it is. (We know it isn't.)

We bought dishes at Fishs Eddy yesterday. Are we getting old? Buying dishes? Don't most twentysomethings buy shoes? Or something?

Work was quiet as a lightbulb (credit that bon mot to Dan Iskhakov circa 2003 German class) last night. No show, nothing to do. I sold about four tickets in five hours. Two friends came to visit, both lovely surprises. When it was through I went to Queens (which took the better part of an hour, thank you MTA) to watch Law and Order with Erin and Jimmy and Rory Calhoun while eating Krasdale ice cream sandwiches. They were like manna from heaven.

There's a chance that some form of The Civil Wargasm, one of my old class plays, could be performed next month. So I've hauled its dusty carcass out and have been looking at it. It's a woolly mammoth. It's some species that's been dead for millions of years. It's ancient and doddering and I have to get some purchase on it so I can hope to shape it up in some, ANY way. (Why is it that I WANT to do this with my life, again? What? Acting? Theatre? What?)

Sigh.

1 comment:

Erin Mallory said...

Ugh. I can't even read the articles anymore. I get so sad.