Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Too hip. Gotta go.

Brad Renfro is dead.

RENT is closing.



What is happening to the nineties?! I don't like this at all.



In what is becoming a pattern, I spent the evening in Astoria last night. After having lunch with Katy in Williamsburg, I met Erin by NYU, and we snuck into Tisch ("I'm so sorry! I just don't have my ID with me!") to deliver a present to her friend, went shopping (ridiculous, as usual), and headed back to her apartment to kill some time by....watching Brokeback Mountain. I'm not sure what possessed us to this, and we had very bad attitudes about the proceedings. we mainly spent the time yelling "BOOBS!" and asking each other questions like "Do we get to see any penis in this movie?" Stupid.

Later, I met up with Misters Cowart and Klein at a bar and proceeded to drink a fair amount. It was great to see them and catch up...they're certainly wilder outside the theatre than they are in in. Were were joined eventually by three of their friends, all guys. As Lauren would say- sausagefest. (Motif to this post? Christ.) I stayed out late and had a wonderful time. Then it was back to Erin's the watch SVU (terrifying) and The Simpsons and to terrorize the cat.

Today's greatest hits include shopping at Trader Joe's, buying an amazing t-shirt with a picture of a phrenology head on it, and wandering around Williamsburg muttering to myself, as I am wont to do.


And I turn to the Stray Cats to keep me going.


Oh! This is intersting-- Jane called me this morning to tell me that a weird package came to the house, missing $1.62 in postage, which contained....MY WALLET! The missing one! Weird, right? The return address is something like "Brooklyn Undeliverable Property" and/or the post office. I don't get it. My bank cards are missing (but of course they were canceled immediately), but it seems like most if not all of my other stuff is in there- including my Girl Scouts of America Lifetime Membership card (phew!) AND my student ID. Which I am overjoyed about.

Who ran the iron horse?

No comments: