Thursday, March 13, 2008

it's one o'clock already?

My life is weird in a wonderful way.

The other day, I did manual labor in an industrial building-turned-theatre/rehearsal space in DUMBO. My arms are still aching. My "boss" said "You are a valkyrie!" after I moved a bunch of cinderblocks. I hope it was a compliment. I took it as such. I mentioned it in an email to my mom and she was like "Warehouse work? What?" and then laughed when I told her about it on the phone. I yelled "WHAT?! I can do stuff like that! I can carry stuff!" (A la Crispin Glover? "I'm strong! I can KICK!")

Then the hordes moved in from Boston. And what pleasant hordes they are! I saw showcase on Tuesday night, with a whole bunch of friends, and it was really nice. The Class of 2008 did a lovely job and seemed to be having fun....which is more than I can say for myself at this time last year. Ugh, showcase. Then we went over to Fort Greene for gossip and Chinese food....as Nitz said, 'Wouldn't it be nice if our lives were always like this?"

Yesterday, Jason and Craig and I took a series of sight-seeing strolls. I dragged them to the south side of Williamsburg (I didn't make them walk to the water to see Domino up close....I'm learning that's it not the hot tourist attraction for a lot of people that it is for me), where we ate hamentaschen... then we took the J to Canal and wandered around Chinatown, into Soho, into the West Village...Jason was cute and kept insisting on looking at the map to understand exactly where we had been walking, how we got there, etc. There was a lot of vehement statements from me, saying things like "We're walking SOUTH! I'm SURE of it!"which generally wound up being completely wrong. It was really nice to see them. Jason said he didn't care where we went, because it was just fun being together-- and he had his tongue in his cheek but I think he meant it, too. And I had to agree with him. Now, will all of you just fucking move to New York? THANK you.

I DRINK IT UP!

I saw There Will Be Blood the other night and that was the source of a lot of argument. Craig hated it and kept bringing parts of it up and saying "Okay, but seriously...wasn't ridiculous? Come on. Come on." Jason and I just smiled calm smiles and yelled 'I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!' a million times.

Then we went to the Helen Mills Theatre to see Sow and Weep. This is the third time I've seen the show and it really gets better and better and has GOTTEN better and bettter. When I think about the first draft that I ever saw, I am absolutely amazed at the progress Nitz has made. It was an alumni extravaganza and we all went out afterwards. The bartender forget about me, so I didn't pay for my beer. Karma? I don't know. I talked Presidents with Paolo, had pleasantly civil conversations with Ben, reveled in the glory that is Ava, and generally had a lovely time.

Then...then...then I took a cab home! Travel stipend, what what?!

Tonight, I see Katy's show. Tomorrow, my mom comes in the morning, I go to rehearsal at one, rehearse and rehearse until 8, which is SHOWTIME, then go to the "wrap" party, then get on an early-morning Chinatown bus with Jane (hoooooo boy), go to Massachusetts, party, party, come back on Sunday.

I am exhausted and exhilirated thinking about it already. I have so much to look forward to for the next couple of days, and I am trying to slow down and enjoy it.

Good.


DRINK IT UP!

No comments: