Monday, April 7, 2008

My head might explode...

...from how much I love Liam!

The dazzlingly-witty Mr. Mulshine sent me a card full of wonderful things (i.e. a Pleasure Chest "Wish List" sticky notepad), but the most wonderful thing of all was the card itself. Please find the cover here...




And read his accompanying critical analysis (emphasis on the "anal"):

"Don't you love the photo? I find it delighfully silly and utterly queer (in all senses of the word!) at the same time, sort of like two Wilde-ian fin-de-siecle lovers in a drunken attempt at Fat Joe's 'Lean Back' dance. At least that's how I like to think of it. The confusing part: Who goes into a photo studio and poses like that, that long ago? I mean, they really went to quite some trouble, what with the backdrop and all. Fun things to note: the fallen hat, the crumpled hat, the half-on jacket, the fancy buttoned shoe, the undone collar, and the moustachioed guy's arthritis fingers. Or are they just foppishly splayed? Guess who's spent too much time looking at this photo?"

No comments: