Wednesday, October 22, 2008

zany.

Sometimes, I feel uncontrollably zany. And then I do weird things and say weird things and feel, basically, weird. Now is maybe one of those times.

I've been hard at work for the past few days on 1) making a paper (papier if you want to be pedantic) mache log for my Log Lady Halloween costume, and 2) revamping my play. I had a nightmare about my upcoming reading the other day, and I have to say that that's a first. It was like the classic actor's nightmare, only I was the writer, and when I gave the actors their scripts, they ridiculed me for not having finished any of the scenes. It was horrifying.

I've also been trying to go to sleep a little earlier and wake up a little earlier, with the goal of being more productive. I'm not sure it's working at all. In fact, I know it isn't.

My weekend was pretty darn good. Saw The All-For-Nots play in the Lower East Side on Friday night, went from there to a party where I was a little too much of a party monster, but I didn't lose any of my belongings, so I think I came out on top. This weekend, Rinnzor and I are going to take a trip to Coney Island for their Halloween/Election-themed special freakshow extravaganza...it seems like it might be overwhelmingly strange and wonderful. That's all I can hope for, at least. I hope it isn't filled with weird carny types. There's a very good chance of that happening.

I'm going to try to put this zaniness into something productive. I could be worse things, I suppose.

No comments: