Friday, October 5, 2007

EXCITEMENT!

I just got a call on my cell phone from an organization whose initials I don't want to include in this post in case they are monitoring me. They might be. I mean, if they are, they'll see this anyway, so what does it matter if I write it or not? All I'll say is-- I used to want to work for them when I was little, AND Mulder and Scully are two of their most famous employees.

Apparently my name (sort of) is connected (sort of) to a hoax terrorism plot in Boston. Some guy said he brought plastic explosives into Boston and sublet an apartment from a BU student named Heinrich who lived at 610 Beacon Hill. Now, of course, I was a BU student named Hendrick who lived and 610 Beacon Street, so...I guess I'm the closest thing they had to a 'lead.' Isn't that insane?

The agent knew a lot about me- obviously my phone number, but my house phone too, and my address. It was a little scary. But also sort of funny. The guy was very jovial and joked that if they ever catch this guy, he'll be prosecuted and there's a tiny chance I would "receive and all-expense paid trip to wherever that trial is!" Yeah, awesome. I guess it would be SORT of awesome. Anyway, his last name was the last name of a famous gangster and I had to laugh. It just plays into the overblown James Ellroy stereotype that I have in my brain of the people who work for this agency.

No comments: