Thursday, October 4, 2007

So.

So. I am here.

And I got a job!

Oh. Wait. A non-paying job.

But hey....it's good. I'm going to be one of two production assistants on the Common Thread Theatre Co.'s workshop production of 'Moving Shortly.' The first rehearsal was last night-- in a Theatre Row rehearsal studio. I felt like a Broadway star! Though I guess it's really no big deal.

This isn't really pretentious (also, who the hell is reading this? No one.), but I wanted to record it:
On my first day here, I ran into Duke and Liz.
On my second day here, I ran into my cousin Leah, Lisa Kron, and Baron Vaughn.
I didn't run into anyone yesterday, though I did see Nitz, Juls, and Michael.
And today I'll see Katy. There are a lot of people who live here.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed by everything, but I guess that's to be expected. I feel a ton of pressure about getting a job, starting to make money-- I'm already terrified that I won't be able to pay the rent. I know that isn't true, and I know that it's completely unrealistic to expect to have a job or any job prospects at all my first four days here, but...it's daunting.

No comments: