Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goodbye, blue Monday!

So after moping a little last night, I decided I'd had my fill and that I wasn't going to do that any more.

This morning I had a wonderful breakfast of grapefruit, banana bread with peanut butter, hot chocolate, orange juice...certainly the nicest morning meal I've had since moving here. (If this seems an insignificant conversational jaunt to you, just imagine how delicious all of those things are. Really think about it. Then, wonder if it was worth mentioning. Right?)

Then I took what turned into a three-hour walk-- over the W-burg bridge, through the Lower East Side (excuse me, the "bargain district"), into Chinatown to make some frivolous purchases (orange pear earings? new wallet? wastes of money? hello!), then back over the bridge and to home. It was lovely because on the way over, it was light, and on the way back, all the lights had come on- including a "SAVE DOMINO" on a building on this side of the river. I got a really good look at all of the Domino complex on the way over, including the famous sign. Ever since reading "Sweet and Low," I've been obsessed. I think Megs is the only one who is as enthusiastic as I am. :)

No work tomorrow, so Erin and I are having a lazy night tonight, including sleepover in Queens, and then I might do something fun like go to the Nat'l History Museum tomorrow afternoon. I also have to go to the animal shelter a few blocks down to sign up to be a CAT PETTER. Yes. That is actually what they call it. Too. Good. To. Be. True.

No comments: