Saturday, January 19, 2008

In Addendum...

I totally forgot to write about the most exciting part of my day yesterday, which was going to my cousin Leah's reading at New Dramatists. First of all, I've never been there, but I hold it in such high regard that it was thrilling to even go inside. It was full of scruffy-looking people holed up on couches and at tables, surrounded by papers and books and things. Ideal fulfilled, obviously. It was really nice to see Leah-- and my uncle Bill and his former wife (my ex-aunt? who knows) Barbara came which was a surprise to me, albeit a good one. The actor reading the lead was a senior at CFA when I was a freshman-- I saw him in many a show including Marat/Sade and Romeo and Juliet and of course it's only natural that he should wind in a reading of my cousin's play. Of course. I couldn't stay to talk-- I had to get to work-- but it was a really nice afternoon and I'm so glad that I got to go. And I congratulate Leah heartily. Maybe someday she will come see a reading of something I write. In a shack somewhere.

I've been using up some Starbucks gift certificates that I got for Christmas on frivolous, foamy drinks. I have a love-hate relationship with Starbucks which is too stupid to talk about, but I will say-- I absolutely hate their inane "The Way I See It"s. Today I got one that really took the cake:

"Music is what I always turn to when I'm feeling a certain way. It's my reason for everything."

Credit that gem to Josh Groban, asinine musician extradaordinaire. I felt stupider after reading it.


Anyway, what do I expect?

No comments: