Saturday, January 12, 2008

Is she having a laugh?!

Who knew doing nothing could be so tiring?

I worked from 2.30-midnight yesterday. I managed to do 1/10th of the stuff I wanted to, which is an improvement from this past week. Pathetic.

It took me about 45 minutes to get home-- the L train is going to be screwed up after midnight for, oh, about two months. Which is wonderful.

Came home, hunkered down to do some work, did a fair amount (this is a totally relative measurement), "rewarded" myself by watching a little bit of Extras....fell asleep and then woke with a start at 5 in the morning, groaning. I'm forever doing things like that. For some reason, I thought this was an appropriate time to go back to my desk and try to work-- obviously I could barely even see clearly and it was a futile attempt. Went back to sleep until ELEVEN. Decadence! Undeserved decadence!

On the bright side, I became the owner of a sleek silver umbrella last night. I can't reveal my sources, but it has something to do with Jack's Luxury Oyster Bar. I think it could act quite literally as a lightning rod in a thunderstorm-- important to remember, unless I'm feeling really dangerous that day.

Work today until midnight again, probably, and then party for Katy and her birthday.

One of these days....

Oh, and I sold a ticket to someone named Rathbone last night.

No comments: