Monday, February 4, 2008

It's called a cuppa-chino...

...and wait'll you heard what it costs!

Bits and bobs, as they say in England:

There's a new coffee shop on Bedford Avenue and for the past few days, before the real opening, everything was free free free. The charming gent behind the counter persuaded me to smell the un-ground espresso beans-- 'Wild, right? They smell like BLUEBERRIES!'-- and then made me a fabulous cappuccino. Everything tastes better when it's free.

I accompanied one of La MaMa's weirder regulars to a show yesterday at the Connelly Theatre. It was called "The Lifeblood" and was allegedly about the last days of Mary Stuart. I'm not sure what it was really about because I didn't give a fuck what anyone was saying because it was so boring and the chain-link fence set design was distracting. Alright, I'm exaggerating. But it was super, super boring and the actors didn't do anything to make me like it anymore. I know I'm hard to please-- sometimes every very hard to please-- but come on. They had a lot of money. They have a huge resident company. This is what they came up with?

ANYWAY, she who does nothing shouldn't criticize the work of others.

Rehearsals start tonight for the current incarnation of my short play "The Civil Wargasm." Here's the info, if you're at all interested:


THE CIVIL WARGASM and SISTERS
The Richmond Shepard Theatre
309 East 26th Street, 2nd Floor

Thursday, February 14th @ 5:00
Friday, February 15th @ 5:00
Saturday, February 16th @ 8:00


SISTERS
Written by: Emily Kaye Liberis
Directed by: Craig Mungavin


THE CIVIL WARGASM
(Adapted from "Confederates in the Attic" By: Tony Horwitz)
Written by: Anna Hendrick
Directed by: Patrick James Lynch


Tickets: $15 General Admission. $10 Students/Seniors
Concessions: Beer/wine/soda/water


So. That's that. I guess I should maybe tell my parents about it? I don't know. I don't think they'd be able to come but they'd probably be mad if I refer to it later and that's the first they've heard of it. I don't know.

This week is so fucking zany. My first commitment of the day today is at ten pm. What is this life that I'm living? Why can't I get out of bed before ten thirty every morning?

Ooh, but something good-- I'm accompanying Molly to see Passing Strange this Saturday. I. Can't. Wait. She got free tickets and asked me to be her date. I haven't seen her in FOREVER, at least not for any significant amount of time, and it'll be so good to see her and see the show.




Meowskers asks: Is it worth all this sadness to hold on to your dreams?
Survey says: I don't know, Meowksers!

No comments: