Friday, May 16, 2008

That part will suck, but it will be great. Yeah.

Sometimes, The Office blows my mind. Lately, the mark of something being "good" for me is if I am surprised by it-- and I feel like there have been a lot of the classic "Yes, but not the way you thought" endings in stuff I've seen lately. And I'm loving them! Like Juno-- I totally thought I was going to hate it, but of course by the end I was crying in my bed. No real surprise there, but I *was* happy that I wasn't able to predict the Jason Bateman/Jennifer Garner storyline like I thought I'd be able to. It wound up totally different than any of the guess I would have made.

Anyway, The Office last night, which I just watched on the computer at work, thank you, made me pleasantly surprised in a lot of ways...not the least of which being the fact that I saw Dwight's naked back. Can't say that was a welcome suprise, but...I'll take it. Basically, The Office is good. I will always love it and watch it and even if it's a little shaky pretend it isn't...but it was back in full full force last night. (Too bad it was the season finale.) Now it's all discussing spinoff conspiracy theories... and gnashing my teeth until next season.

I saw Eric Stoltz yesterday. This was particularly funny to me because I watched him for a few minutes in a terrible movie the other night where he looked, if possible, even uglier than he did in Mask....as did Mary Louise Parker. He was some sort of 1980s playwright in New York....blah blah blah. Anyway, though the weather was weirdly hot and muggy/chilly and windy yesterday, I (accompanied by a comrade) took a lazy stroll around a part of the city I never go to, had a good lunch complete with aforementioned Eric Stoltz sighting, and almost got hit by a truck! (That's what happens when you talk a lot and don't pay attention to where you're going. Good.) I like doing things in the middle of the day. My creepy prof. Alan in London talked constantly (really) about how he liked going to the movies or the theatre in the middle of the day because it made him feel like he was doing something illicit-- you leave the sunshine and go into this dark room, you should probably be at work or at least doing something, but, you're not. I certainly wasn't working yesterday afternoon, and I wasn't shunning the outdoors, but nonetheless, there's something nice about a languorous lunch in the middle of someone else's workday.

Tonight, I go singing in New Jersey and then to see various singing friends. Tomorrow? Erin and I are venturing to CRAFT HEAVEN in Queens: Michael's. Hooray!

No comments: