Monday, August 25, 2008

On the phone, at work:

Me: Good afternoon...
Guy: Hi! Who's this?
Me: It's Anna.
Guy: Hi, Anna! This is Jon from Blankety Blank company-- I have to swing by to pick up some dorm keys later. What time are you going to be open until today?
Me: Well, I'll be in the box office until five...there should be a few people in the office after that, though, if you can't make it.
Guy: Hmm, ok...well...I think I can make you. You'll be there until five, you say? And then you're going to Williamsburg right after?
Me: Yes, I am.
Guy: Really?!
Me: Uh, yeah. How did you know? Could you hear the hipster in my voice? You knew I was wearing, like, big glasses?
Guy: Yeah! I knew you were wearing ridiculous tights...or something from American Apparel.

What?

No, what?

And why didn't it occur to me to say: Why did you ask?

No comments: