Monday, August 25, 2008

SKINNY PEOPLE EAT CANDY

I just saw the rescheduled Summer Screen showing of Blue Velvet at McCarren and it was a delightful time...if delightful means disturbing, demented, deranged...etc.

My favorite part was probably the crowd's response when Dennis Hopper yells "Heineken?! Fuck that shit! PABST BLUE RIBBON!" And the hipsters roared. (They're on the same page.)

It wasn't as scary seeing it the second time, especially because it was ten o'clock when I got out and I only had to walk across the park to get home; the first time, it was two am, Meghan and I were scared witless, and I had to walk from Coolidge Corner to Kenmore Square (thanks MBTA) in the rain. Or maybe I'm imagining the rain.

Another Lynchian incident today was me spending ten of my few remaining dollars to buy 3/4ths of the first season of Twin Peaks from the video store that's going out of busines. It's on DVD...but the first disc is missing. I bought Sweeney Todd the other day and went in today and just couldn't resist. I have no business spending money on this stuff. But I do.

Logs logs logs!

No comments: