Thursday, October 9, 2008

"I just keep thinking about Joe DiMaggio."

In this month's Vanity Fair, there is an excerpt from Tony Curtis' memoir. The section printed deals exclusively with Tony Curtis, Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis "fondling her breasts," vivid descriptions of said breasts....etc etc. But! He mentions that Marilyn dated/married a lot of guys who looked like Abe Lincoln: Arthur Miller, Joe DiMaggio (I don't really see it, but hey, alright), some other dudes I forget...

Then, unrelated, elsewhere in the magazine, there is a picture of Marilyn in a convertible... holding a portrait of Lincoln!

COINCIDENCE!?! Methinks Marilyn and I would have had something to talk about.


Incidentally, my friend Greg moved away recently, and drove cross-county to his new home in Seattle. He's been sending great postcards to our apartment: the first was the Lincoln House in Illinois, and the second was the Lincoln Monument in Wyoming. ALMOST better than what was on the front of that one was Greg's message:

"Let me tell you that there's nothing rootin'-tootin' about I-80 through Wyoming. It's a boring stretch of road. But I saw a big-ass offroading pickup with a bumper sticker: "Salmon: The Other Pink Meat." Almost as memorable as "Snatch a Kiss, or Vice Versa."

Indeed.

No comments: