Sunday, October 12, 2008

Come on.

I woke up at 4:15 this morning to the sound of screaming. There was a woman outside my building, yelling over and over again :"CALL THE COPS! CALL 911! I'M SERIOUS! CALL 911!" It took me about five minutes to wake up the whole way, put my glasses on, and look out the window, and when I did, I saw a woman staggering down the street, picking stuff up off the sidewalk, crying and heaving. Oh, lord. I didn't know if anything was really wrong with her and I figured that it wouldn't be helpful for me to yell out the window asking if she was ok, so I didn't. She wandered down the street, in the direction of the river...but then this guy, wearing a menacing trenchcoat, I swear to god, turned the corner and started walking right for her. He caught up to her, pushed her, started cursing at her and saying all kinds of awful things...and she was crying and screaming again. So I called the cops. Ten minutes later, a car pulled onto the street and I heard one of the cops asking some girls that were talking on the corner where the fighting couple had gone. I don't know what happened; I sort of can't believe I actually called the cops. None of it was pleasant, that's for sure.

Then I spent about an hour, awake, heart pounding, convinced that there was someone in my apartment who was going to try to kill me. This might have something to do with the terrifying true-life scary stories we were telling backstage at the show last night. Just a thought.

Speaking of the show-- last performance today! And then work, work, work. I'm a busy gal lately and I both really like it and am really bewildered by it. Though last night I had a mini "I've-lived-here-for-a-year" crisis where I decided that I need to quit my job. It wasn't pleasant. I don't know how I feel about it in the light of day.

2 comments:

Erin Mallory said...

Ugh that story still stresses me out! But you know what? That Etsy mini next to the post looks REALLY good. Whooooo!

Jesse said...

I'm sorry, but what is HAPPENING in your life? You are the hardest person in the world to keep track of. Good lord. When are you not working? Can we have a drink and you can explain to me your life? Is this show the church show? What's going on? P.S. Yeah, your Etsy store kind of rocks.