Sunday, December 7, 2008

etc + turnips.

I got home from work and had a domestic attack: I just made applesauce and mashed turnips, and got some carrots and brussels sprouts ready to be cooked. WHAAAA? Actually, it's no surprise. The original onset of the domesticity, or rather, gustatory fever, happened at the Greenmarket the other day. I can't explain it. Tonight's activities were more immediately linked to the nagging voice in my head saying "If you let those vegetables rot, you'll have wasted $10." Lord knows nothing prompts a skinflint to cook like money!

Much else to report, but it must needs wait: craft fairs, hats, insanity, work, things that are off the HOOK, etc.

Leave you with two overheards:

#1- On Bedford Ave.

Guy: What's that?
Guy holding juice bottle: This? Oh, this is my JAM. Lemon-ginger-echinacea!


#2- At work.
Guy(?): One time, I was DJ-ing a pee party, and people were literally peeing on the turntable. I was like "People, we are all going to get electrocuted! Pee somewhere else!"

Yup!

No comments: